Modern mathematical education is fundamental, prestigious and promising. Mechanics and Mathematics Faculty of Oles Honchar Dnipropetrovs National University is one of the recognized national leaders in this area of knowledge, and it guarantees the high-quality training, which will be a reliable basis for a graduate further career.
Rector of Oles Honchar Dnipropetrovs National University, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, Corresponding Member of National Academy of Science of Ukraine, a graduate of Mechanics and Mathematics Faculty, Professor of the Department of Differential Equations, N.V. Poliakov
Department of differential equations was created in 1966 on the Mechanics and Mathematics Faculty of the Dnepropetrovsk State University. Associate Professor B.I. Kryukov headed by of the Department. Staff of the Department was as follows in 1966: Associate Professor B.I. Kryukov, Associate Professor V.A. Ostapenko, senior lecturer O.V. Zenkin, Assistant I.N. Shields, Assistant L.I. Shelest, senior laboratory L.V. Lybina.
In time the workload and the number of employees of the Department were increased. The skills of teachers are constantly improved. Professor Ostapenko (1975-1995), Professor NV Polyakov (1995-2014), Professor P. Kogut from 2014 (to the present) were headed the Department after Prof. B.I. Kryukov… read more >>>
Currently, Head of the Department – Prof. Dr. Peter I. Kogut. 14 Teachers provides the educational process at the Department: Professors, Doctors of Science – 2 (1 – corresponding member of National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine); Associate Professors – 7; Readers -5.The following seminars are working on the Department of differential equations:
- The scientific seminar “Modern Problems of Optimization and Mathematical Modeling”.
- Methodological seminar.
- Practical seminar for students “Actual Problems of Computer Information Processing”… continue reading>>>
Main scientific interests of the department of Differential Equations:
- Mathematical Modeling, Optimization and Control of Dynamical Systems and Processes in Science and Engineering.
- Optimal Control Problems for Partial Differential Equations with Control and State Constraints.
- Optimization of Traffic Flows on Networks.
- Optimal Control Problems for Nonlinear Hyperbolic Conservation Lows.
- Asymptotic Analysis of Optimization Problems on Reticulated Structures (perforated domains, thick multi-structures, thick junctions).
- Homogenization and Variational Convergence of Optimal Control Problems.
- Optimal Control Problems on Thick Periodic Graphs.
- Optimal Control Problems in Coefficients for Nonlinear PDE… to learn more>>>
The department of differential equations offers fundamental training in mathematics and in-depth knowledge of science.
After successful completion of the master program, graduates will obtain a qualification of Mathematician, MSc in Mathematics.
Bachelors and masters in Mathematics will have flawless logical reasoning; develop mathematical models of various physical processes; work in the field the business analytics, logistics, financial mathematics, image processing, and conduct competitive intelligence using the information from the Internet. Moreover, they will be able to develop, implement and apply mathematical methods and algorithms in different industries, conduct independent scientific research.
After graduation, Bachelors and Specialists in Mathematic can work as engineers;…read more>>>